Today Britton and I celebrate our first anniversary, and I finally got most of the photos uploaded to flickr.After the wedding, I told B that now I know why people get wedding photographers--so they can see what happened at their own wedding!
The whole thing was a blur, but it was a blur of goodness and happiness and faces and voices of people who we love best.
There were so many personal touches from people we love, too--Shanna's wreath on the garden door, Dan and Marta's Martha-perfect signs, Robby's website, Emily's hand-bound guest book, my mom's homemade mint brownies and lemon cookies, Jamie's groom cake, my dad's ingenious floating lights system, dozens of lanterns hung by family, last-minute touches of ribbon or a vintage cake plate from the Valentiners...not to mention wonderful pre-show showers and parties thrown by family and friends. We also had childhood friends and high school friends and city friends and hometown friends who came from all over. Thank you thank you to everyone who added their touch or came from near and far to be with us.
Getting to be with the one person you love best, surrounded by people who love you best, is pretty much as good as it gets.
17 comments:
It was beautifully perfect and I was honored to be there. Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! It was great to be there....you guys are the best!
It was such a happy day! Too bad you can't just keep doing it over and over ;)
Lane, I had to delete my comment because I realized that I was totally eating my foot. People who don't know me will think I'm racist. I just thought you'd think it's funny that I thought that. But it's not that I was stereotyping. His lips just look like Obama's, which is a VERY good thing. :)
If you hadn't read it, and you are dying with curiosity you can totally email me and I'll fill you in!
Just in case, I had also said that your dress is the most beautiful one I've seen! You looked GORGEOUS!
Dee--
No worries. I'll take the compliments all around :) Thanks for the kind words.
Dang! I KNEW I should have grabbed a sandwich from Ernie's! I could feel it. I LOVED West Yellowstone! There is this super amazing bookstore called The Book Worm that I went crazy in.
I did not see a bear. :( But we did see a moose on our canoe ride and he stared me down. I thought he was going to charge my canoe right then and there. He didn't like me. :)
Lanard Spainard! I have not said that in quite a while! I loved looking at these pictures - what a gorgeous bride and wedding. Britton looks like such a nice guy. Happy Anniversary. I would love to chat sometime and see how the Big Apple is doing. I love it there! There is something about a big city that is so appealing. Email me (ashleymrich@gmail.com) or you can call anytime 801-278-0213. You are a cutie and I miss you. Love you - Ashley (Murdock) Richards or just Smash
P.S. John would want me to say hello.
Happy Anniversary! You Anderson girls have had my favorite wedding parties. Thanks for letting us join in on such lovely days. Sigh.
I can't believe a year has already gone by! I wish I was at your party right now: a summer evening in Utah under the stars with so many fun friends (because you have a knack for gathering great people at your helm) and loads of candy at my fingertips. And you and Brit, too.
Wanna do it again? (That's a joke.)
Happy Anniversary! I hope it has been a wonderful year for the both of you. It just gets better!
happy anniversary! i loved that day - and that darling cake - seriously the best wedding cake i have ever had - i dream of that frosting!
Wow...that is absolutely amazing, I love the yellow! You look beautiful, congrats one year later!Do you mind if I add you to my blog list?
Lane! I AM coming to NYC, and have been meaning to email you, but the Ceej has not passed your email address on to me yet. I would love, love, love to meet up with you (and B. if possible). I'll be staying with some cousins who live near Columbia...anyway, will email you ASAP!
I just found this blog. I am planning my own wedding for next summer and this recent post is exactly what I have been dreaming of: outdoor reception, lights strung up for a glowy look..... and the yellow!! It is divine!
I have so many questions if you would be willing to e-mail back and forth a bit.
Just great!
Hi Laura,
I am so happy to answer any questions. I loved almost all the people I worked with and can hopefully give you some good tips.
laneanderson@gmail.com
What a night.
What a party.
I danced... I had to dance with my husband even though I was feeling enormous (actually I probably doubled in size after that...I had no idea how big the twins would actually get)
But that evenings classic romance and energy was absolutely contagious!
We still talk about how beautiful everything was.
Post a Comment