Yee-frickin-haw! This is the most fun election we've had...well, ever as far as I can remember. For once in my life I feel like there is the possibility for real change from both parties, instead of feeling jaded and cynical and like I might as well put down "Big Oil" or "The Military-Industrial Complex" as a write-in candidate.
I'm usually about as interested in politics as I am in sports (i.e. waste of time even for entertainment purposes). Sometimes I just feel defeated and depressed about emotional red-herring issues that steal the spotlight from stuff that I care about and seems to have a real effect on our future and quality of life, like the environment, foreign oil, and special interest lobbying. I've had to do some digging to get past the usual media garbage, though.
Where do you go to find out where candidates stand on the issues? Where do you go to find out whether that candidate's solutions are actually viable? What issues matter to you?
Viva Democracy!!
For some interesting thoughts on voting, see Liv's post.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Lane! I saw your comment on my blog! I love to get comments and it's so good to hear from you! I have never been interested in politics before, for the same reason. I really think it is the writers' strike that got me so into it, and the debates being the most drama I can find on t.v. right now! I love ontheissues.org and nprnews.com for political information.
in the past the only "i voted" sticker was a boring blue with a check - the one's from yesterday had the presidential seal or something very fancy here in ca. i don't know much, but a fancy sticker seems to mean these elections are more important than past ones
Three cheers for voting. All we have are touch screens here in UT, but I miss the old-time booths with the levers we had in NY. They made me feel like the Wizard of Oz.
Don't get us (CJ and I) started on "Democracy"...!!!!#*&(@#*&)
www.realclearpolitics.com
I kind of like it.
I took your sticker and I voted for our man... Now, if only the rest of "mer'ca would believe....
I have been a voter for 14 years and I don't ever remember it being this big. Maybe I just didn't care back then. But it has been exciting and very nerve racking. I try not to get to stressed over it, because I can only do my part and than after that it is up to the rest of the country. We didn't vote here. We were in caucuses. Which was very interesting and very time consuming. Oh well it was fun to particiapte and do my part.
Post a Comment