Aw, yeah. Those of you who saw me at any point between January and May 2007 may remember this little gem...my friend (and yours) the Angry Muffin. I have a baby blue T-shirt with this little guy on it, along with his bubble statement. I was going through my "winter stuff" under my bed and unearthed him the other day and the two of us are back in action.Reasons I love the Angry Muffin:
It's not a joke, but it is a joke. It's a delayed-reaction joke. It's a muffin that's going to eat you. Get it?
I like visual jokes, and by that, I mean things that make me laugh just by looking at them. For example, Jack Black. He doesn't have to say anything, he--just the way he uses is body--is funny. Exhibit B: The Muffin. The furrowed brow, the rubbery lips and strange, single triangle tooth. It looks funny. The statement is just the icing on this little cupcake.
Last but not least, people inevitably read my T-shirt out loud to me: Ah Munna Eat Choo?? Usually this is because they have to read the phonetic spelling out loud to get the message, or because they just think it's weird. But I get a kick out of people saying, Ah Munna Eat Choo!, especially when they get to the "choo" part.
Like Suzanne Vega's song, the Muffin's threat inevitably sticks in your head, and you'll go around proclaiming it out loud through the day; most likely with a monster or Bobcat Goldthwaite voice. Ah Munna Eat Choo! Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.
Little Muffin...welcome back.
8 comments:
Not only is it a furrowed brow, it's a unibrow.
and.. threadless + blik now offer the angry muffin man in a wall decal.. i think it'd be perfect for your writer's retreat.
i've said it over and over, jack black can just stand there and i'll start laughing!
I love/hate that angry muffin. In my head, he's always sayin' it with a Southern drawl.
Ha! The triangle tooth makes it so funny!!
YOu're right, I said it six times before I even came to the end of your blog. But, he doesn't make me laugh, I think he's kind of scary looking.
It does make me laugh. I'd wear the shirt--often--if I owned it. Also, I'm at work and can't find your email address. Will you send me your Christmas story?
This shirt makes me laugh my flippin' brains out. And miss you and your miffed muffin so so so much.
Post a Comment