Thursday, June 7, 2007

Something Borrowed...


Anyone have a spare $5,000 to float me for a Madina Vadache gown? If there is one thing I've learned in my foray into the wedding underworld, it's that it can all be taken very, very seriously. Apparently, Miss Vadache is poised to be "the new Vera Wang," but I like her because she's in the bridal biz and she looks like she's having FUN.

Her sensibility harks to the traditional--but doesn't take gowns too seriously, employing girlish ruffles and playful embellishments. This little number in Alencon Lace, for example, sports peachy organza roses on its skirt tiers. It's luxe and fun. It's classy and creative. This dress looks like it could walk down the aisle to Pachelbel's Canon in D, but karaoke at the reception that night. Not that that's an option...

Anybody know a brilliant dressmaker/designer who can make me something like this?

8 comments:

jamieanne said...

If I had some G's I'd surely send them your way. That dress is TDF (to die for).

Liz Stanley said...

hi lane! if you remember, i'm a good friend of christie somers and a sister to celeste thomas. congrats on your wedding and good luck finding some moeny for that dress. it is beautiful.

lemoniepants said...

email me i ahve someone for you. emilymillard at gmail dot com

Carly said...

Hi Lane,
I don't know you... but my friend had her dress made by someone in Sugar House and it turned out exactly like the pic that she took in, and it was about half of the retail price. Her name is Penelope and is listed as "Penelope's" (creative). Anyways, apparently she has made dresses for Miss America (I am not sure if that is a selling point or not), but it is worth checking out.
I wanted her to make a jacket for my strapless gown, but she only does full dresses.

Here is her contact info:
(801) 582-5010
1670 E 1300 S Ste 205
Salt Lake City, UT 84105

Good luck with the wedding!

Mr. D said...

that dress if beautiful! Yo don't know me but definitely go to Penelope! She is amazing, she made my dress and it was stunning. She can make anything if you have a picture! As for locations, check out the Salt Lake Hardware Building, Deer Valley Lodges, Hotel park city, Cactus and Tropicals(my friend had her wedding there and it was really cool!)if you really hunt there are so many off the beaten path places that you could make really cool. The Rustler lodge at Alta is amazing too. Good luck!

Author said...

lane,
i can make you that dress. sheesh. all i need is some fabric and some sewing string. and some lacey stuff and maybe some pearly beads. can you get that to me at least a week befor eyour wedding? if so, we're in business. also, i'll need you to tell me what size shoes and jeans you wear so that it fits you like un guante.

i i eee said...

Ummm..I agree with jamieanne -that dress is sooo TDF.

I hope it will be a dream come true.

Lane said...

Thanks, Bloggers! Thanks to your help I've found a dressmaker. I'll let you know how it turns out, in about six weeks!

xoxo

Lane