
Can you imagine a more beautiful place than this to have a wedding? When I decided to get married in Utah, I knew it had to be in the mountains. I scoured (and I do mean scoured) Salt Lake, Utah, and Summit counties for the best-possible mountain settings, and the above--the Rehearsal Hall at Sundance--is one of the best I found.
Actually, I could think of only one better place: the backyard at Chez Anderson.
True, my parents' house at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon doesn't have a five-star restaurant to provide food. It doesn't have a mountain stream running through it in artfully arranged riverstones to form a pool. It does have a little garden waterfall and a really, really cute birdbath. It also doesn't have tables and chairs for 200 people, a team of crack-landscapers, or Robert Redford. And yet...there's something about a wedding in my own backyard with the mountain breeze blowing through at night. I'm torn between homey and charming vs. rugged and glamorous. What's a girl to do?
If anyone out there has had a wedding at Sundance, let me know what you thought. If you've had a successful backyard wedding, tell me about that too--(especially your caterer, if it was in Utah). And if you've had a wedding reception at both--well, lucky girl, you lived my fantasy.
5 comments:
Hey Lane,
First, I want to CONGRADULATE you on the very exciting news. Ben & I are so happy for you. Second, I think Sundance is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I would have died to have my reception there. It holds a very special place in my heart. I worked there for a few years in high school and have seen many of the wonderful wedding events put on by their catering team. The food, flowers and not to mention the atmosphere is absolutely incredible. I vote Sundance!
PS I found your "New" blog on Ali loves Curtis
lane! i am so happy for you! and so happy for me - because you have a blog! my heart is just a bit fuller! and i love both choices! they are both perfect - because you and britton will be there - and again, did i mention how happy i am!
Liz was on the computer this morning and mentioned that you started a new blog and pulled it up for me to see. She is very jealous of you and your way with words, as am I. She also wanted me to tell you that "congradulate" is a term used among designers when they congratulate one another ;) (Hence the d instead of the t). It appears that you have now become a fashionista of the wedding world. We are all very excited for you and Brit. I would vote for the backyard, everyone does the backyard thing in San Diego and it always is a lot of fun (not to mention the dads are able to retire one year earlier).
Ben & Liz-
You can leave me comments anytime, and spell however you want! I am not the fashionista, Liz is. So send any tips my way.
love you guys-
Lane
Emily almost had her wedding there, it was scheduled, we had the florist, the meal - and it is indeed a gorgeous place. I love the florist Sundance recommended - let me know if you want her name.
Post a Comment