
While I was shopping for vintage cake toppers on the Internet today, I came across this site that has way too many fun things to bake with. I could spend a lot of money on sprinkles, dragees, nonpareils, candied flowers, picks, sanding sugar and quins...whatever the heck quins are. That's my kind of craft closet. This could be the site that launched a thousand cupcakes.

Remember these? Straight out of your girlhood musical jewelry box. Perfect for a little (or big) girl's birthday.



A big prize--okay, just bragging rights--goes to whoever comes up with the best use for this royal icing molded brain. Lobotomy party, anyone?
See all of Fancy Flour's goodies here.

These sugar crystal pansies would be darling on individual cupcakes, or scattered all over a round cake.
Remember these? Straight out of your girlhood musical jewelry box. Perfect for a little (or big) girl's birthday.
I'm obsessed with the idea of making old-fashiony birthday cakes for my friends. Of course, that hasn't happened yet. But wouldn't these sugar flower buttons look cool topping old-timey swags of frosting on a layer cake?

I love the idea of a birthday cake completely covered with this dot confetti until you could hardly see the frosting. Cute for iced sugar cookies, too.

Please note the mouths on these vintage Halloween picks--each one is awesome. At first I thought I liked the pumpkin's grimace best--but look at the witch!

A big prize--okay, just bragging rights--goes to whoever comes up with the best use for this royal icing molded brain. Lobotomy party, anyone?
See all of Fancy Flour's goodies here.
5 comments:
Lane,
I love your blog!
When I saw those ballerinas I had a flash back to 3rd grade. And I have to admit that I would still buy a cupcake if one of those were on top. I guess some things never change!
Jen
I'm not good at being clever, but I would love to serve up that brain at a GMAT or GRE study-a-thon. Or maybe after you flunked the GMAT or GRE. Or MCAT. Or whatever test needs to be passed to further your (learning) career.
Love the site, and love that witch. I want to buy them all for you so you will make me pretty treats.
My brain ideas are pretty morbid. "Celebrate Your Now Tumor-free Brain!" Although I do think having a zombie themed cupcake-a-thon would be pretty frickin' awesome! "Brains 4 Cupcakes, anyone? Ggurrggleygoo."
Did you realize that fancy flours is out of Bozeman?!
I love everything about this post. Let's start baking!
Post a Comment