I was "tagged" on lovely Miss Olivia's blog. As did Livs, I tweaked the questions a little, and I left more answers than I was probably supposed to (shocker!). Here are my answers to the important questions that are facing Americans today:
Jobs I've had:
-Professional in the Janitorial Services (twice)
-Copy Chief
-Boy Scout Camp Counselor (post-college)
-Radio reporter
-Corporate Slave
Jobs I'd like to have:
-Person who makes up the names for nail polish
-Cake decorator
-Travel Writer/Writer of stories that have no news hook or celebrity tie-in, but are interesting in and of themselves. It's hard to get these published, as it turns out.
-Professional student (OH WAIT, this is sort of my job)
-Physicist
-Middle-manager in a small to mid-size company
Movies I have Watched Over and Over Again:
-Raising Arizona
-Grease
-So I Married An Axe Murderer
-Wedding Singer
-Rushmore
Some Favorite Books from Last Few Years/Books I Open Over and Over
-The Backslider by Levi Peterson
-Where I Was From by Joan Didion
-A Supposedly Fun Thing By David Foster Wallace
-The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
-Everything is Illuminated by JSF
-Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
Favorite Things to Do:
-Bask in the perfect-librariness of Butler Library
-Visit historically significant/nerdy/weird places with B
-Have dumb fun with friends who appreciate dumb fun
-Dance
-Lean out my apt window and look up and down the street to see if anyone else happens to be leaning out their window at the same time.
-Eat delicious food
-Go on travel adventures
Places I have lived:
-Kalamazoo, Michigan
-Salt Lake City, Utah
-Palo Alto, California
-Jerusalem
-NYCeezie
Favorite Things to Eat:
-Chocolate--esp hot chocolate--but any form really, as long as it's dark
-Things that are creamy, sweet, and salty simultaneously
-Cheese
-Things containing large amounts of butter and sugar
-Sauces
-Anything Pam or my grandma makes
Places I'd rather be:
-Rio de Janeiro
-Within proximity of a Sev with a Coke Slurpee
-Sheridan, Wyoming
-Utah in June or September
-In a car with a good stereo on an open road
Words I love the sound of:
-Kalamazoo
-eclectic
-fingerling
-ephemeral
-Florianopolis
-discombobulated
Who I am tagging:
-Robby
-Angie
-Jenny M
-Kara
-Mis Hermanas (yes, all of you)
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you DID IT!!! Excellent work. My faith in friendship has been renewed. word.
If I wasn't already your sister, I would want to be your friend.
I'd rather be in any of those places you'd rather be ... but prefereably with you.
I just finished Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner and loved it, so I'll have to try this other one! I am so with you on on the Utah in June or September. This September was a particularly rough one for me to be in AZ. It was still SO HOT and I needed some major Fall relief! I'm glad you live somewhere that you actually get seasons. Don't get me wrong, I love it here...especially right now. The weather is gorgeous, and the kids play outside all day...oh, and I can find a sev for a coke slurpee anytime!!
I just realized that you tagged me. I thought Mis Hermanas was your exotic friend.
I could take issue with the "professional" part of that Janitorial Services job!
That was me that left the Mis Hermanas comment. I was using J's computer.
I wouldn't want her to be held responsible.
I did it!
Post a Comment