
Back in the City and Summer is in full flower. The East Coast has trees. None of this sparse Scrub Oak, willowy Apen stuff. These are trees that are lush enough to eat (and, maybe, eat you). This is a section of Riverside Park by my apartment, and I love walking here when the weather is warm. I walked through here to meet Britton for dinner on the pier, and the breeze was coming off the river rustling the trees and the glow bugs were out for the first time all season. Perfect summer evening.
P.S. One of my professors gardens in the lovely public plot shown above. Who says New York isn't neighborly?
7 comments:
Lovely. Would it be possible/unethical to ship in glow bugs for the wedding?
p.s. Why do you have to hate on Aspens. I love them.
Glow bugs are my absolute favorite animal. There is nothing better, I swear. Just don't get too close, they're not as attractive as you might think.
I don't even know if insects technically count as favorite animals, but seriously, I lalalalove them.
glow bugs?! do you mean fireflies? i've never heard of this glow bug word - are they different or is it just another name?!
i'm with angie...they are fireflies to me, too. not that you would, but they are pretty cool if you smear them on the pavement-they make a bright neon streak. of course that's from my younger, much more rebellious stage of life;)....
It just sounds like a dream fireflies, trees, dinner, NY in summertime.
Also, is that the same park from the end of You've Got Mail?
Glow bugs=fireflies.
I guess I like glow bug because it sounds lazy, and part of the glow bug (firefly) for me is that just kind of hangs out and glows lazily.
A firefly sounds fast and sparky. Either way, they're awesome.
This is the park from You've Got Mail. Good eye, Jenny! Tons of scenes from that movie were shot in my neighborhood, so I take some personal pride in it.
Post a Comment